New Jen's Horde


Monday, June 18, 2007

Catching up a little

 
I'm here! It's true, I'm still alive! Hip hip hooray!

We're still not done with all the plumbing stuff, I'll blog more on that later.

I've been spending a lot of time knitting these days. You know, so the plumbers don't think I just sit my big butt in front of the computer all day... So, I've got some neat stuff to show you!

This is a scarf I made for Davin's birthday. It's from a pattern for a dishcloth called Garterlac, which is a form of entrelac. Check out my cutie man with his new wool scarf in June (he's so patient with me!)
Davin plus Garterlac

This is another scarf I'm working on, from the Danica pattern in Knitty. It's a true entrelac, which is much easier now that I played around with the Garterlac pattern so long. (Wondering what the difference is between garterlac and entrelac? Just click HERE!)
Danica Preblocking
This will need to be blocked later, then it will lay much flatter. I hope. I've never done this before...

These two are made from Patons SWS a self-striping soy/wool blend. It's pretty neat stuff, and you know I love the striping yarn! Davin's scarf is in "Natural Navy," and the other "Natural Blue."

This is a swatch I made from the Multidirectional Scarf pattern. It's the yard I have left over from Davin's socks.
Multidirectional Scarf Swatch
It's much easier than it looks, and I like the effect. I'm sure I'll be making more of these!

We still have a full day of plumbing coming this week, but hopefully that will be the end. When it's all over, I'll tell you all about it. Until then, take care!

Labels: ,


Comments:
Ohhhh...very cool! I love Davin's scarf, the colors are beautiful and really show off the texture of the garterlac. I really like the entrelac scarf too, I like the "bumpiness" of it, it really looks like the strips of pattern are woven together...

Hmmm... I might just have to pick up my knitting again...
 
Beautiful job, Jen! Good for you! In my cold-infested state, I'm trying to knit some dishcloths for a wedding gift. Ha. I'm lucky to be upright, much less attempting to knit.
 
Very cool. I'll have to get you to teach me some of that once I finish up my current project... course I was just telling DD that I will probably be putting it away until winter because it's too hot to work on it now. hee hee...

Maybe I can work on it at the table (once I clean the table off)
 
It's good to hear from you, my favorite knit-wit ;-) I especially like the intricate one.
 
Wow those are awesome!
 
I'm sure you will be glad to have your house to yourselves again SANS the plumbers.
Davin looks quite happy to have his warm, June scarf.
It was made with love, so it doesn't matter if it's 90 degrees outside. :-)
 
Good job, that looks like a VERY warm scarf!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?