New Jen's Horde


Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Pharmaceutical Thoughts/Life Changes

 
Remember when you were in college and you took acid with your friends, and you would write down all the stuff you said because it just seemed so BRILLIANT at the time? Of course, then you had to deal with a house full of sticky notes the next day that purported to explain the functionings of time, or wondering if that stuff you saw was always there and the dose just gave you the power to see it? Yeah, brilliant, ahem...

Well, it's been a long, long time since those days, which is good. I feel like I have such a tenuous hold on my brainpower as it is since bearing children, that it's just not worth risking coming completely untethered for the sake of this form of temporary, fake enlightenment. Gotta admit, those were fun days, though!

No reason for bringing that up, except that I have a migraine and the meds are trying to work. I love my meds. I love my doctors. The world is a better place for me because of them. It does sort of weird me out though, that I'm still pumping drugs into my body to mess with my head after 20 years, the only difference being that they're just not as entertaining. Could this be what it means to grow up? To be old?

Ooh, it just occurred to me that, since the early 90s, I went from LSD to LDS. Hmmm. If I could get in a time machine now and go back and talk to myself then, I don't think the then me would believe it. Then me would be all like, "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K." And I'm pretty sure the rest of the message would be lost. Glad to be where I am, but still not sure how I got here...

Labels: ,


Comments:
Deep thoughts Jen...I don't know...maybe those drugs are working you just aren't as aware of it! Hmmmmmm....those were the days though....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?